Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 17, 2011

3rd world countries

One lovely thing I happen to remember about my time in the FIRST Gulf War, was the drop and run holes in the floor. We call them toilets, but over there, it was a far cry from a chair or anything comfortable.
It was alot like a corn field or grass pasture but without something tickling your butt. You had on 12 inch high boots, loose cut pants, and most would take off the uniform shirt. How them towelheads performed such a maneuver in a white rob is way beyond me. Mine would be pinstripes on the back.
No back support, and a little porcelain spittoon to try dropping a butt middle into. Most of us did the drop and run, or more like a drop and shuffle. In fear a log would roll back at ya out of the 3inch hole, you got out of the way.
But one better was, the sewer system didn't have the technology to handle toilet paper, oh well for me, thank God for Ziploc bags. I was always packing my own tp.
But that was an experience, and oh next time you use a stall, they were non existing over there, so you really had yo pay attention beings the holes were only a foot away. But that was where my screw And screwdriver came into play, my toilet door always locked.
So next time you go and sit down, check you phone read a magazine, stop and think about our troops, giggle occupy want, almost all of us tipped over at one point.
But most important, don't shake the left hand of a towelhead.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment