Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Teenage Drivers

I finally got this crap figured out. After driving with a 15 year old for 2 days, and figuring out why parents of 15 year olds drink, I have mastered the whole Dad Drivers Ed. From now on, when we are set to drive, and teach the kid how to take 10 years off my life, I mastered the fact of setting the cruise control.
If one would reach over and set that puppy at 35 mph, you will never speed up, slow down, or keep having the look at the watch. You will atleast get to the destination faster, cause for some reason, my kid loves the brake. Driving down the highway going 25-45 mph, looking for cars like a hawk for mice, and then driving me crazy. I tell ya, no wonder people who smoke weed don't have teenagers, holy crap, it would take forever to get anywhere.
When I walk out of the place and the kid barks up, CAN I DRIVE, my body begins to go into trembles, and shaking in fear, before finally, I am pressured by little bird on my shoulder saying I LOVE HIM. So I toss over the keys, and then look in the mirror and how many new gray hairs I'm going to get this trip. Its kind of like finishing cracker jacks, you never really know what your going to get until your almost done.
I say as parents we all stand up, just allow these kids to try killing us on Sunday afternoon, when all the Buick drivers are out, and going their speed. I am ain't worried about him hitting anything, heck going as slow as he does, it wouldn't even hurt the car, but what does scare me, is that guy going 60 and running up our tailpipes. So, until I can get this kid law passed, and I am getting more gray hair, and taking a stop to get more Bud Light to deal with this crap, don't be silly wrap ole willy.

No comments:

Post a Comment