Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Hail Eggcelent

Had a little thunder boomer go through here last night. And beings, I am a Facebook whore, I don't own a weather radio, who needs one now we have Facebook? Heck, I follow a couple tornado spotters that give live updates, the weather station from NOAA, whatever nautical has to do with Nebraska, and I follow the TV station. And THAT'S WHERE IT STARTED.
They decided to update their facebook with, heck I will copy and paste it,,,,,Hen egg size (2.0") hail being reported 3 miles northwest of Deweese in Clay County. I mean, really? In opposed to Rooster eggs? I have heard of it being compared to balls, ping pong, golfball, marble, Baseball, but an egg? You'd think for having a college education and being on the TV, you sure would have thought that out a bit before you posted that.
I guess I, really wasn't as confused as I was, wish that was my thinking. Could you imagine if you tossed a blue jay sized egg? Wonder how many would think, holy crap Harold what the hell is a blue jay? Old people are going to have a collection of eggs in their ice boxes just for the big storm so they can check out the size. If you don't think that's true, every grandpa has a tennis ball, and others next to his chair where I come from. Looks over to marble and holds it up, this here is how big that hail is down yonder, she stops knitting looks up and says HUH. That's how we roll back here in the Midwest.
All I got to say, is if they are going to have all them eggs next to their chairs, someone better call a sentsy salesperson and get some business strummed up quicker than Ozzy strums a guitar. If not, no worry to not be silly, guess ya won't have to wrap ole willy.

No comments:

Post a Comment