Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 14, 2012

The UFO

Well, until now, my parents never did figure out what happen to the car when they were on vacation. But, I guess the damage is done, and the car is now considered an antique, so I better release it.
My mom won a new pink Mary Kay car, and this was the first of the front wheel drive vehicles. The ole Buick Century. Pepto pink, man, not my color, but the only car in the garage at the time. I was 16 and parents were out of town on a trip, and ya, enough said, they left the keys.
So, started up the pill, and went for a drive. Stopped by to show my buddies a front wheel drive car, and being boys, we went out to see what it could do. And off we went, to the open field a couple blocks away. Slapped her down into OD, and stomped on it to see if it would do a cookie. OBVIOUSLY NOT IN DRIVE!!! But, heck at 16 we didn't know you had to be in reverse to do one. And straight it went, right over a big block of concrete, way up on the side of the damn car, and bam, right back high centered on the damn rock.
SO now, about pissing my pants from about flipping the pepto pill. There were 4 of us that that about ripped all our groins out to lift this thing up so the wheels would hit to drive off the rock. We got er did though. And straight home I went. Parked her in the garage like nothing happen. Until the next day. I was thinking, man, had to goof something up.
So, out to the garage I went, opened the passenger door, and HOLY SHIT, the floorboard was all the way up to the glovebox. I'm only 16 mind ya, but I know that is WRONG. So, the only thing I can find in the garage big enough to pound the thing back down to sea level would be an axe. YEP, so I did it. Sounded like a body shop at a nascar event in our garage for an hour or two. But it went down, minus a couple bumps.
So, off I went to the body shop dude from my dads workplace to get some friendly suggestions. And beings he was older and smarter, he said, OH MAN, I AM STAYING OUT OF THIS ONE. But if I were you, I would try to pull that quaterpanel back down on the back end. So, I left, went home, called a couple friends to help do an Extreme Car Makeover before they came back. I got it all done, except for the pulling the whole tailpipe back down from the floorboard. And when asked, I had no idea, like every other teenage boy.
The thing I learned, when on Vacation, keys go with. And now days, a hidden camera would be a good idea also. But, for 22 years, it was the UFO that came in and hit mom's car parked in the garage. Well, the secrets out. So, don't be silly wrap your willy.

No comments:

Post a Comment