Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter at Home

Ah, the night before ole Easter, screaming kids, fighting brothers, druken uncle, and the joys of candy. For some reason, now my chetlins are thinking candy is in EVERY EGG. So not fair to me, nor the dog. I mean the damn dog can only lap up so much yolk in a day, before she has the scrambled shits. The time of year we bitch about the price of eggs, but spend money on plastic ones. Now what a concept. I have no idear where this bunny came up, but here's how I handle this.
The day before Easter, I round up the chetlings, load em up in the car and head out. What I have done, is now refered to as "the American Economy Way", the hunt begins. I drive down every street where is an opportunity for find rabbits. Then, the anti Easter autopilot kicks in, and who knew a SOUL could do such great steering off road. Well, on grass. I find that first rabbit and kapow, run that sucker over when the kids are watching. Then I flip the car back out on the street, take out the chetlings, and pose for the annual Redneck Me Easter photo.
My kids now understand, the bunny is dead so Easter has been cancelled. It is so great that Easter is on a Sunday, cause the next day we all go to church, the kids, talk about running over the rabbit and not getting any candy this year. And I am playing the whole lost my job can't afford to get anything but gas for my car, but I will take some donations. Then, after church, we take off, a headed home with money in my pocket. Not everyone can get paid to go to church other than a preacher. So, now, thanks for paying the electric, and I need to get to bed, I have to work in the morning. Don't be silly, wrap ole willy.

No comments:

Post a Comment